Thursday, February 5, 2009

something extra..

So I was talking to one of my co-workers this week about life and my grandma, she knew that was on my mind this week. I was showing her a poem I wrote a few weeks after my granny passed, she thought it was good so I thought I would share it with you all....have a great day!

The phone rang, I knew exactly
held in the tears, I couldnt cry
I knew you were sick, but I thought you were getting stronger
I didnt want to say goodbye, I thought you had a little longer
I couldnt hear, couldnt speak I just sat there feeling lost
Not thinking that you were really gone, but that line you had crossed
I reached for my phone to call you this morning, but it entered my mind
You wouldnt be on the other end, your voice I wouldnt find
Then it all came down, I broke down, it was like a song
You knew it was coming, thats why you asked me to be strong
I try to act tough, like I am still going on with life
But inside the pain is cutting sharper than a knife
How can something so evil kill someone so perfect
You always think you have more time then the clock is pulled from the circuit
You sang me songs, cooked me meals, taught me about life
I cant explain how losing you has caused so much strife
Someone once said, be happy that they are no longer in pain
So I put on a smile, but when Im alone the tears fall like rain
Its only been a few days, but the hurt is still so strong
I hate the cancer that hurt you for so long
Time is something we must take advantage of before its too late
Soon the tombstone will have your name and date
I know your watching me from aboveand daily I still feel your love
So now im letting out all of the hurt
As they cover your grave with dirt
I know your in a better place
And the pain is no longer on your face
I let one more tear fall, I say it is the last
but it cant be, because life goes too fast
Every time I think of you, a smile and a tear will appear
And I will keep you in my heart, because you were so dear
But I will be strong for you, and live my life to make you smile
And I will be with you in heaven after a while.

No comments: