Sunday, February 1, 2009

Remembering 2/1/07


Today is a day that is very hard for me...I can't think of any better way than to honor her on my page, as it is the anniversary of her death. 2 years have past since my grandma's death, and as each year passes it seems to get harder rather than easier for me. Yet since I want to remember her, I thought nothing better than to make a list of things that I remember most about her...


1. She always put her kids, grandkids, and husband above herself

2. Quilting was such a passion, something I wish I would have picked up

3. She taught me to play ping pong...you wouldn't know it by looking at her but she was a champ!

4. She LOVED baking...and we all LOVED her baking...I still miss the chocolate pies

5. Her singing voice was amazing...no matter what song it was

6. She told the best stories about her childhood

7. She had a strength of no woman I have ever known

8. She was always there for us no matter what the problem was

9. She never judged

10. Her reaction to when we joked with her...always the same.. "oh Alyssa...you stop that.."

11. Her sense of humor

12. For all my life I thought my nostrils were different sizes because I was born permature. I found out right before she died, I actually have the same nose as her.

13. Her hugs were always so tight...no matter how weak she had felt

14. She always made you feel important

15. The birthday calls

16. Her love for her parents, was something we should all strive for

17. When she bought shoes with springs in them....I called her Tigger for the whole summer

18. How protective she was of her grandchildren

19. She was at every sporting event...a true fan

20. She was a fighter.


I remember the last thing she told me...something that I will cherish always, and that is, "Know I will always be here for you, and please remember to put those you love in front of yourself."


I love you Granny....and miss you more than this list could ever say.

2 comments:

Harris Family said...

Thanks Alyssa. I too have had a tough day thinking of her. I can still hear her say It's Kellie-La-Belle! She had such a way of touching and caring so much about each of her grandkids. She always said "There's not a lemon in the bunch" she truly believed this. What a legacy she left behind for all of us. She will never be forgotten. I am trying to continue to pattern my life after hers. Thanks for the memories! Talk to you soon.

Tiffany Unsworth said...

Thank you so much for the memories. She leaves so many good feelings and thoughts behind, it's hard to think of her without smiling. I love her so much too, and if we all could be like Grandma, this world would be Zion!
Love you...