Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A new decision...

Well life has been interesting lately...School is winding down and with that sports are winding down as well. With that has come a lot of thinking, and as my brother Matt says.."you think too much". Which I agree I do. Anyway, I had some interesting things happen lately that I wanted to share. I have been struggling lately with the decision to continue coaching basketball or not. I have decided not to coach basketball next year, instead I will just coach cross country and track. I feel so great about this decision. It is weird...my whole life has been basketball...my family coached basketball so naturally I was supposed to coach basketball...but turns out maybe im not. Atleast not for this next year. I have felt such peace after making this decision and am so grateful for the people in my life that love and support me no matter what! I will miss the girls terribly, but I know that they will still stop in my room to say hi, I will still coach them in cross country and track, and I honestly feel like I have more of an effect on their lives outside of basketball. Anyway...that is my latest update. I hope all is well with everyone, SUMMER IS COMING!!!

4 comments:

Brett and Nette said...

I can understand how hard of a decision that was. But life is still young! Just think, missing one or two seasons will only prepare you to be a better coach in the future by helping you know if that is what you really want.

Stacey said...

Good for you! Don't stress...it is not worth it. You are a blessing to those kids no matter what encounter they have with you...don't ever forget that!

Experiences come and go...and then come back again too! There will always be better opportunity when you are ready for it! :)

We Love you!

Harris Family said...

I'm proud of you Alyssa! Hey, Ashley and I are thinking about getting a family RAGNAR team together for next summer to run the Ogden to Park City. We need twelve family members to do it. Are you interested??

The Lovells said...

That is a surprise. I can understand it being a tough decision. Good luck in the future.