Sunday, March 2, 2008

Its all over...





Well today we got back from our national tournament! We ended up taking third. We beat Briarcliffe in OT by 10 the first night, then lost to Concordia by 11 the next night, and beat Spalding for 3rd place. With 3 mins left in the first half of our last game, I fell with an ankle injury. It was a really hard experience for me to sit on the sideline of my very last game, knowing I wasnt going back in ever again. But I was so proud of my team and the way that they finished out. I have to go to the doctor tomorrow to get Xrays and what not to find out how serious everything is. Hopefully it isnt anything huge, and the pain will just go away. Anyway, here are a few pictures from the trip, one of our team and the trophy and one of me in my wheelchair. Hope all is well, more updates will come soon!

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Hey killer! Sorry to hear about the ankle! Hope you are feeling better. Just wanted to let you know how proud Danny (and me too)is of you! He is to tough to say so but he said the other night that he is so glad you are graduating and have accomplished such great things in your life. He really is so proud of his little sister! :) He admires you and loves you bazillions!!!!!
See ya soon girly!

Hafen girls story club said...

Alyssa, what a tough girl you are. Third is an amazing accomplishment all the same. On to bigger and better things.

Tiffany Unsworth said...

Wow, how someone so athletic is related to me I'll never know, but I'm so proud of you! It must be hard to close this chapter of your life! Way to go on even making it to nationals! You are awesome, and I hope the injury isn't serious! (But you should still get all the sympathy from your husband that you can...breakfast in bed?)